U.S. District Court District of California:
» Eastern District of California
» Northern District of California
U.S. District Court District of Nevada
McGeorge School of Law
University of the Pacific
Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1996
University of Rhode Island
Bachelor of Arts, 1991
Major: Political Science
Mr. Ranucci joined Lombardi, Loper & Conant, LLP in 1999, and became a partner in 2006. His practice includes product liability, general liability defense, railroad litigation, contract disputes and construction disputes. Mr. Ranucci dedicates a significant portion of his practice to defending equipment and vehicle leasing entities. Mr. Ranucci’s cases in the product leasing industry have included personal injury lawsuits, insurance coverage disputes, franchisor-franchisee liability, appellate practice and disputes in Hong Kong, Central America, France, Italy and the United Kingdom.
Mr. Ranucci’s product liability experience has included the defense of defect claims associated with automobiles, heavy trucks, trailers, forklifts, aerial lifts, loaders, excavators, tires, hydraulic systems, hydrostatic braking systems, fuel distribution systems, asbestos, seatbelts and various hand tools.
As a member of the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (NARTC), Mr. Ranucci has represented railroads in Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA) lawsuits and defended against and prosecuted claims.
Representative Cases and Trial Results:
- Turner v. Magini: Received favorable appellate decision resulting in the reversal of the trial court’s $325,000 judgment.
- Koepke v. Ford, et al.: Lead trial counsel. Secured a defense verdict in a living mesothelioma asbestos case.
- NRPC (Amtrak) v. Burton Olson Trucking et al.: Lead trial counsel in case involving brake failure of a tractor trailer resulting in crossing accident. Secured $1 million settlement for railroad during course of trial.
- McQueen v. Rodriguez: Lead trial counsel. Secured a defense verdict and award of costs in a personal injury action.
- Petersen v. CalStar: Lead trial counsel. Secured a defense verdict and an award of $100,000 in attorney’s fees for equipment leasing company in a contract dispute.
- Wycliffe v. HERC: Lead trial counsel. Secured a directed verdict in a personal injury action involving claims of defects in a pipe threading machine.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
The State Bar of California
National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (NARTC)
Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
American Bar Association
Alameda County Bar Association