In a case dating back 10 years, plaintiff MacKay & Somps sought to recover fees owed for professional engineering services provided to Dunmore Homes, a large real estate developer. When Sidney Dunmore drained Dunmore Homes of all assets and drove it into bankruptcy, Dunmore refused to pay Mackay for its services. Mackay sued Sidney Dunmore as the Dunmore entities’ alter ego. Following a bench trial, the trial court found Sidney Dunmore was the alter ego of all the Dunmore entities, holding him personally liable for the companies’ debts and for deceit. Sidney Dunmore appealed. The Court of Appeal affirmed the trial court’s decision on all grounds. Partner Matthew Conant represented Mackay & Somps in the trial court; appellate specialist Lori Sebransky handled the appeal.
- Jeff Hosking Secures Defense Verdict in Multiple Fatality Bus Accident
- Firm Welcomes New Associate Sheena B. Patel
- Bench Trial Victory Affirmed On All Grounds
- Court of Appeal Affirms Firm Victory in Stadium Case
- Trial Court Grants Amtrak Summary Judgment of FELA Claim by Employee who Witnessed Death of Suicidal Pedestrian